Pages

Monday 21 October 2013

Week 14 - The Garden of Live Flowers

Monday
Seriously can't remember what I did on this day apart from go to a meeting with UoL management. 14 weeks and this is the first time that I've actually met them. Also I strolled around senate house for a bit before going back to the office and  working on Save ULU Stuff. You know Ive never actually used Senate house before, probably more to do with the fact I studied film but :P

Tuesday

On Tuesday I went to Goldsmiths College to talk to their femsoc about Intersectionality with Ginger Drage who is also on the NUS Women's Committee. It was a great turn out and I'm really impressed with what Bahar and Karis are doing over there. We had a great I time and I hope I'll be coming back to Goldsmiths to do more stuff sometime soon! This was the first day in a long time that I actually got home at a decent time. SABBS WORK HARD PEOPLE, NEVER FORGET THAT!


Wednesday

I spent some time contacting people to prepare for our #wearitpink night which will be happening next Friday (http://www.ulu.co.uk/ents/event/25/). Its the first ULU night that I've been allowed to theme so I hope it goes well!
That evening I travelled to Royal Holloway for the Royal Holloway ACS Take Over at the Students' Union. The theme was all black to celebrate the anniversary of the formation of the Black Panther movement. It was a great night and it was also the one time at a Royal Holloway Student Union event were I didn't get sexually harassed in anyway. Well done Royal Holloway :)



Thursday
On Wednesday eve we launched the information about the Sexpression University. So I spent allot of Thursday event that we are going to be holding at ULU on the 26th  of October (Just before Reclaim the night). Its going to be about how you create inclusive sexual health and guidance weeks on campus. And we have special guest speakers for Abortion Rights UK and Daughters of Eve. So come along! We've go treats and its free! Book your place here - https://sexpressionldnuniversity.eventbrite.co.uk/



Friday
On Friday, I had a visit from Ren who is one of the ex-goldsmiths Women's Officer and we looked at the playhouse and outlined plans for the first exhibit. We also got to finalise plans for the Riot Night which will be hosted at ULU on the 16th of November and which you should all by tickets to! It's going to be in the Library bar, tickets are £4 in advance and £5 on the door! Check out the facebook event by clicking here - https://www.facebook.com/events/519011118188807/?previousaction=join&source=1

No comments:

Post a Comment