Pages

Sunday 23 February 2014

Week 30 - Curiouser and curiouser


Tuesday
I launched the new I Heart Consent motion for Students' Unions. A a collective of student officers/activists contributed to the motion at the Consent Policy meeting I held and in an online faceboock group. You can find the motion here. Give it a go and let us know how you get on! Please email womens@ulu.lon.ac.ok if you have any questions! :)
On this day I also finally got the new poster for the StudentFems London Conference 2014 - make sure you book your place! - http://studentfemsldn2014.eventbrite.co.uk


Wednesday
I was on the panel for a great #sheshouldstand panel discussion at London Met with Kelley Temple, (we didn't know that we were going to be on the same panel lol). I know we've at least got one student woman preparing to run for a sabb place (currently all of London Met are men).ALSO! - Remember if you are a woman student thinking about running for elections pleaseeee contact me! I've launched Student Elections Coaching for Women so you should get involved and book a place!

Thursday
Unfortunately, I managed to go temporally gone deaf in one of my ears (typical) so I had to go the hospital and cancel the rest of my appointments for the day which was annoying but I can hear now! - so happy days!

Friday 
I attended the the Lad Culture Summit and London South bank university and spoke on the intersectionality panel. It was a vey interesting event and i was so please to meet so many women's officer, students and workers from Student unions across the country who where willing to be engaged in tackling lad culture on our campuses. Well done Kelley Temple for pulling off another energetic conference. If you missed the summit the Guardian along with other news outlets covered it -here's some coverage here! - Tackling lad culture at university – live updates from the NUS summit


Sunday 
I travelled to Cambridge (for the first time ever) - to discuss the impact of public sector cuts on women today at Cambridge Defend Education PRIVATISATION AND THE NEOLIBERAL UNIVERSITY // A CDE TEACH-IN. Thanks for having me Cambridge Defend Education! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment