Pages

Sunday 15 September 2013

Week 9 - The Mock Turtle's Story

Monday
Monday was online launch day! For the past couple of weeks I've been working behind the scenes with the marketing duo at ULU to design all the new logos for the ULU Liberation Campaigns. This was finally completed last week so that meant we could then start setting up facebook pages and stuff. By liking the page you can keep up to date with info events and campaigns that i'll be running through out the year. On a general liberation note, so far we have the ULU Women's Campaign, ULU LGBT+ Campaign & ULU Disabled Students' Campaign pages. The ULU Black Students' Campaign page should be coming up very soon :) I also had my first trustee board meeting and it wasn't as scary as I thought was going to be and I got my new grievance and disciplinary policy for sexual harassment passed! Boom!



Tuesday & Wednesday
Anyone who knows me will know that I really hate taking days off but I had to since I've been quite ill lately so cue working from bed. Surprisingly I can get a whole lot of work done from the comfort of my bed. Thinking of purchasing a blanket for the office sofa to see if it'll improve my work out put. Since I've been working flat out since mid-July I haven't really had a summer holiday which I guess hasn't done favours for my general health. In the spirit of self care, I probably will be doing shorter contact hours in the office in the run up to Freshers. But not to panic, freshers should be awesome, it'll just probably be a bit better with a well and perky sabb team right? “Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation, and that is an act of political warfare.” ― Audre Lorde.


Thursday
Via the help of UCLU Women's Officer Beth, I finally got the Studentfems London Freshers fayre fliers sorted and ready for freshers stalls across London. I also got the all clear for putting on a wear it pink rave at ULU on the 25th October in aid of Brest Cancer Campaign. More information about how students can get involved with that as well as another upcoming special surprise event will be posted up next week via the ULU Women's Campaign page :) I've also manage to sort out the full agenda for London Women's Officer Training and will be emailing unions about it sometime next week.



Friday
Launched the ULU Liberation Network website! which you can view at www.ululiberation.co.uk :) As you can see, you can now sign up to mailing lists and check out whats on liberation-wise around London. I'm still working at making tweaks to make the site more accessible.

No comments:

Post a Comment