Pages

Monday 19 May 2014

Week 42 - "Would you tell me, please, way I ought to go from here?" "That depends a good deal on where you want to get to."

Monday
So I finished putting together the Student Staff Anti-sexual harassment training folder for ULU and handed over to our staffing manager. Once I announced this on social media I had many people messaging me about creating a similar thing at their union. I will try and get back to all of you as soon as possible! I spent the rest of the day doing further research for my end of year student women in work project. I'm currently making additions involving internships and apprenticeships.



Tuesday and Wednesday
NUS logoI was at NUS last national executive committee meeting of the year as an observer and on the day afterwards I attended NUS National executive committee training. Meanwhile the University of London computer system had a bit of a melt down and our phones and emails and Internet stopped working for a few days. Wasn't the most brilliant thing to happen, sorry to everyone that has has to wait for a while for me to get back to them.

Thursday
Two Laurels ticketsOn this day was the long-awaited ULU Laurels Ceremony where I received my honorary life membership along withe rest of the sabbatical team at ULU.
Congratulations to everyone who received laurels and other awards, you should all be very proud all that you have contributed to the University of London Union. Hope everyone had a great night, thanks to all the staff and the laurels committee for putting together an amazing event.



Saturday & Sunday 
NUS AwardI went with the ULU Black Students officer to the NUS Black Students Conference in Coventry at Warwick University. (Excuse my ignorance for thinking Warwick Uni was in a place called Warwick.) I was also very happy to receive the Black Representation award and the award ceremony. It was a huge surprise and made my weekend so thanks again.  I'm also very happy to say that Malia was elected to become the next NUS Black Students' Officer. Also congrats to everyone who was also elected on this day to join the National Black students committee of 2014/15. It was my second ever black students conference and so far the best. Thanks to the NUS Black students committee for putting together a memorable conference and the biggest black students conference in NUS history.

No comments:

Post a Comment